Tuesday, August 16, 2011

15 week appointment

Not a lot to report with our appointment today.  Went in and saw Stephanie, discussed all my symptoms, shortness of breath, weakness, and more importantly nausea.  She is a little concerned about my nausea because I’ve just been losing weight since I got pregnant. She wants me to gain some weight.  So any time I feel good, EAT and Drink water whenever I can, because I feel dehydrated a lot! Although I will say that I do eat and drink already whenever I feel good! She gave me some hints to help with the nausea but most I have already tried, so my goal this month is at least to maintain my current weight, and try to keep some vitamins down (currently doing gummy vitamins cause it’s the only ones I can keep down part of the time).  She said to try anything with papaya in it….I guess it helps ease the stomach.  So I’m looking for juices and stuff with that if you know of anything!  I don’t even know what it tastes like so who knows if I can keep it down either!  All my vitals were good, pressure was 106/60 which is a little lower than average for me but not my much. My weight like a mentioned before was down a bit again.  But the baby was super easy to find by Doppler and the heart beat was strong!  Next appointment in one month.  She said we could have the US then or wait till 20 weeks.  I opted to wait until 20 weeks because she said that sometimes they can’t to all the anatomy of the heart at 18 weeks.  So we will have our US in a month and half…. we probably won’t be finding out what it is at the ultrasound but rather will be having a get together to reveal the gender with friends and family.  Haven’t decided when we will do that though, was thinking November but may actually do it in October instead due to limited weekends available for my mother, mother in law, and my schedules to coordinate in November!  We will see!  Until next time….

1 comment:

  1. WOW! I hope you get over this "sick" crap! I've never been really sick with any of my kids...not pregnancy related, anyway. I feel for you! Hope you start gaining some weight, soon! You need to stay healthy, too! Good luck, Jocie!!

    ReplyDelete