Monday, September 1, 2014

First day of first grade ~ Kiersten

Well my oldest is officially a first grader! She was so excited to go to first grade with no fear. Prior to school starting I told her that I would be taking her to school and picking her up on the first day.  She didn't think that was needed, and asked me why I wasn't going to work! Yes my first grader is very independent! when I told her that I took the day off to help her get to where she was supposed to go and make sure that she wasn't scared, she asked me why I thought she would be scared! I told her that I thought she might be scared because it's a new school and she won't have any friends there! Then my wise first grader informed me that she didn't need to be scared because when she started at ABCD she didn't have any friends there either, I'll just make some she said!

Yes I'm very proud that she's very independent! However, it makes me very sad that my first grader doesn't need her mama! 

No comments:

Post a Comment